Top Skills Employers are Looking For
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) ran a survey asking hiring managers what skills they plan to prioritize when they recruit from the class of 2015. Here is what they found:
The three college degrees most in demand were business, engineering, and computer and information sciences.
Top ten skills employers seek, in order of importance.
- Ability to work in a team structure
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organization
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to obtain and process information
- Ability to analyze quantitative data
- Technical knowledge related to the job
- Proficiency with computer software programs
- Ability to create and/or edit written reports
- Ability to sell and influence others
The classes you will find within the Career and Technical Education Program (CTE) can help you develop and sharpen the skills listed above.