- Work at developing good study habits.
- Maintain good grades.Start saving for postsecondary education.
- Talk to people who have attended college to learn about their experiences.
- Start thinking about which jobs interest you.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities like clubs, student organizations, sports and volunteer work.If you're given opportunities to pursue academic subjects and extracurricular activities that are new to you, take them!
- It will help you to expand your outlook.Look into additional academic options that may be available in your area, such as magnet programs and school enrichment programs.
- Check out summer programs available in your community.
- Practice your time management skills.
- Learning to make the most efficient use of your time can help prevent you from getting overwhelmed.
- Time Management 101
- Improve your reading, writing and math skills.
Adapted from GACollege411.org