Special Education Advisory Council
The purpose of the Saint Paul Public Schools’ Special Education Advisory Council is to collaborate with the District’s Office of Specialized Services to:
We do this by:
- Address the unique needs of diverse learners so they can meet their maximum potential.
- Promote respect and inclusion for all students and families.
- Build strong relationships between families, schools, community partners, and district decision makers to influence decisions and policy making.
- Empower and support parents to effectively advocate for children.
- Informing and educating parents, school staff, students and community members through workshops, websites, and printed materials.
- Providing opportunities for parents and caregivers to connect with the schools, community resources and each other.
- Promoting collaboration as a means to improve the education process for all learners.
- Influencing change, policy and procedures through researching needs and advocating for solutions.
Join us at our monthly meetings anytime as a guest or become a member!
All meetings will be from 6-8 p.m.
Meetings are typically held the 1st Monday of the month.
Because of the ongoing pandemic meetings will be held virtually.
2020 - 21 meetings:
- August 24, 2020
- September 14, 2020
- October 5, 2020
- November 2, 2020
- December 7, 2020
- January 4, 2021
- February 1, 2021
- March 1, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- May 3, 2021
- June 7, 2021
Childcare and meals are provided when meetings are held in person.
Join us on Facebook -
To attend a SEAC meeting
contact Jackie Kelly:
Office - 651-767-3437
Mobile - 651-285-7537
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org