Special Education Resources
Join us at our next Family Play Group!
- Personalize Your Play Page
- Social Story for the museum
- Visual Schedules with Printout Checklist Schedules or Choice Boards
- Sprouts Exhibit is designed for children 3 and under
- Wheelchair accessibility for every exhibit
- Low noise levels: Tuesdays there are no school groups, Friday and Saturday evenings, morning hours
- Low Visual Stimulation Exhibits: Imaginopolis, Sprouts, Tip Top Terrace, reading areas
- Break Rooms with low visual stimulation on the first and second floor
- Sensory Friendly Information Page
- Printable Visual Schedule with flow board
- Sensory Map of the Zoo
- Cold Weather Social Story available to print at home
- Autism Friendly Early Entry: 9-10am on certain days updated on their page regularly. Exhibits and activities during these hours are specifically designed for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families
- ASL Interpreted Days: The first Wednesday of every month there is ASL interpreting from 10:30am-1:15pm for the Public Zoo and Conservatory talk
- Lil’ Explorers: Free programming from 10am-12pm for children ages 1-3. There is story time and games with a different theme each week.
- Buses from parking lots are stroller and wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available to rent for $5 and double strollers for $8.
- Calendars for each library's storytimes and tot times by month
- Storytimes in Karen, English, Spanish, Amharic, Oromo, and Somali
- Little Tots iPad Times
- Tot Times
- Exploratots is for children ages 2-5. Read stories, go on short hikes. Held every other Wednesday at Phalen Park.
- Tot Times are open gym times for parents and children ages 0-5
- Family Nature Club is a new volunteer led Parks and Rec program! More information in the side bar.
- A Help Me Grow podcast
- This episode is about hearing loss in early childhood