Parents of African American Students Advisory Council
Saint Paul Public Schools thrives on parent and community engagement and outreach as a means of lending authentic parent/community concerns to the district. Come network with other SPPS parents/guardians to ensure a quality education for all district students through membership in PAASAC (Parents of African American Students Advisory Council). To become a member you must be a parent/guardian, family member of a current SPPS student, graduate of SPPS or concerned community member. Membership is voluntary.
Parents/guardians of African American students are needed to participate, to be empowered to advocate for their children at their schools as individual parents/guardians and through membership in PAASAC where we address the districtwide-concerns of parents/guardians within SPPS.
We encourage parents to
- Volunteer at school events and activities
- Attend parent conferences
- African American Parent Involvement Day events in February each year
- Become familiar with your child’s school personnel
- Talk with other parents and family members about their school(s)
- Join the PTA/PTO, attend board of education meetings
- Talk with your children about what matters to them to make for a positive educational experience