Parents of African American Students Advisory Council
Saint Paul Public Schools thrives on parent and community engagement and outreach as a mean of lending authentic parent/community concerns to the district. Network with other SPPS parents and participate to insure a quality education for all district students through membership in PAASAC (Parents of African American Students Advisory Council). Membership is voluntary, must be a parent or family member of an SPPS student, graduate or concerned community member.
Parents of Black students are needed to participate, to be empowered to advocate for their children at their schools as individual parents and through membership in PAASAC where we address the districtwide-concerns of parents within SPPS.
We encourage parents to
- volunteer at school events and activities,
- attend parent conferences,
- National African American Parent Involvement Day (NAAPID) events in February each year,
- become familiar with your child’s school personnel,
- talk with other parents and family members about their school(s),
- join the PTA, attend a board of education meetings, and
- talk with your children about what matters to them to make for a positive educational experience.
- Attend the annual African American Senior Recognition event that recognizes hardworking student achievers.
Don’t miss the opportunity to look us up on our PAASAC Facebook page - accessible at @PAASACSPPS – remember to “like” the page to view up-to-date educational information.
Join us at our monthly meetings!
All meetings will be from 6-8pm with dinner held at 5:30.
October 4th, 2018
November 1st, 2018
December 6th, 2018
January 3rd, 2019
February, 7th, 2019
March 7th, 2019
April 11th, 2019
May 2nd, 2019
June 6th, 2019
For more information contact Dana Abrams at 651-767-8394 or email@example.com.