Common Sense Media Digital Citizenship Certification
Schools can earn Common Sense Media Digital Citizenshp Certification, a digital badge for the school website, and a banner to display through a district partnership with Common Sense Media.
Requirements For Certification
- Teach three requried CIPA lessons on digital citizenship, online safety and privacy, and appropriate online behavior and cyberbullying.
- Teach two additional digital citizenship lessons/activities during school year.
- Record all lessons in Campus.
- Have Parent Resources section on school website.
- Have link to Common Sense Media website on school website.
- Hold a parent outreach activity.
Please submit information and artifacts, such as flyers and a few photos, from parent outreach activity to Chris Turnbull, email@example.com.
Recommended Lessons/Resources For Additional Digital Citizenship Lessons
Grade Level Student iBook for iPad Lessons Teacher iBook for iPad Additional Lessons Web-based Games (Play in computer lab) Grades K-2 Digital Literacy & Citizenship Student Workbook - Grades K-2 iBook Grade K-2 Teacher iBook K-2 Scope and Sequence Lessons Grades 3-5 Digital Literacy & Citizenship Student Workbook - Grades 3-5 iBook Grade 3-5 Teacher iBook 3-5 Scope and Sequence Lessons Digital Passport Grades 6-8 Digital Literacy & Citizenship Student Workbook - Grades 6-8 iBook Grade 6-8 Teacher iBook 6-8 Scope and Sequence Lessons Grades 9-12 Digital Literacy & Citizenship Student Workbook - Grades 9-12 iBook Grade 9-12 Teacher iBook 9-12 Scope and Sequence Lessons Digital Bytes