Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Rec Check Program
What is Rec Check?
The Saint Paul Parks and Recreaction Department operates the Rec Check Program. Rec Check is a free after-school program for youth, grades 1-5, provided at the recreation centers listed below. Youth check in with Rec Check Staff when arriving at the center and check out when leaving. Parents can request to be notified when their child does not check in at the center. Rec Check is for youth who live in Saint Paul or go to school in Saint Paul.
Rec Check Website-St. Paul Rec Check
When Is It Held?
The program is held Monday - Friday, 2 - 6 pm on days when the Saint Paul Public Schools are in session including early release days.
Children participate in a variety of structured, supervised activities including homework help, arts & crafts, reading and special events. To promote health and fitness, the staff will engage the youth daily in physical activities such as gym games, outdoor play or walking. A daily snack is also provided.
Do I Need to Register My Child?
Yes. All sites have limited enrollment. Registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration forms need to be completed at a site before a child may attend. Rec Check is open for youth who live in Saint Paul or attend school in Saint Paul.
After School Transportation
The Saint Paul Public Schools provides transportation to eligible students participating in the Saint Paul Parks & Recreation's Rec Check Program or S'more Fun Program.
- The recreation center attended must be within the attendance area or transportation area of the school attended and must be over one mile walking distance from school.
- An application for childcare transportation must be completed if the student is attending a recreation center program that is over one mile from the school but the student's residence is less than one mile from school.
- The child must attend the recreation center program each day school is in session. A child is not allowed to alternate between home and recreation center locations
- Tranportation to Saint Paul Parks & Recreation Program must be arranged through the school the child attends. The application form is available from the school office or the Transportation Department website.
- Transportation home from the Rec Check or S'more Fun Program is not provided.
Where is Rec Check?
Arlington Hills- 651-632-3861
Battle Creek - 651-501-6347
Dayton's Bluff - 651-793-3885
Duluth & Case - 651-298-5709
Edgecumbe - 651-695-3711
El Rio Vista - 651-789-2500
Frogtown - 651-298-5820
Hancock - 651-298-4393
Hayden Heights - 651-298-5716
Hazel Park - 651-501-6350
Highwood Hills - 651-266-6391
Jimmy Lee/Oxford - 651-642-0650
Langford Park - 651-298-5765
Linwood - 651-298-5660
Martin Luther King - 651-290-8695
McDonough - 651-558-2171
Merriam Park - 651-298-5766
North Dale - 651-558-2329
Phalen - 651-793-6600
Rice - 651-558-2392
West Minnehaha - 651-298-5823
Wilder - 651-298-5727