Saint Paul Parks and Recreation S'more Fun Program
The Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Department operates the S'more Fun Program. This is a before and after school, days-off school, and summer childcare program for youth in grades K-6. The program encourages children to pursue their own interests, develop friendships, gain self-confidence, and build independence in a safe, comfortable, trusting, and fun environment.
- School year: Battle Creek, Groveland, and Northwest Como
- Days off school: Battle Creek, Groveland and Northwest Como
- Summer: Battle Creek , Groveland, Hillcrest, Linwood, North Dale, and Northwest Como
The curriculum revolves around a wide variety of fun activities and enrichment programming. Activities include arts and crafts, gym games, outdoor activities, field trips, swimming, journalling, reading/writing exercises, physical fitness programs, and much more.
For registration information, contact the individual recreation centers.
After School Transportation
The Saint Paul Public Schools will provide transportation to students participating in the S'more Fun Program.
- The recreation center attended must be within the attendance area or transportation area of the school attended and must be over one mile walking distance from school.
- An application for childcare transportation must be completed if the student is attending a recreation center program that is over one mile from the school but the studedn't residence is less than one mile from school.
- The child must attend the recreation center program each day school is in session. A child is not allowed to aternate between home and recreation center locations.
- Tranportation to Saint Paul Parks & Recreation Program must be arranged through the school the child attends. The application form is available from the school office or the Transportation Department website.
- Transportation home from the Rec Check or S'more Fun Program is not provided.