Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) and the University of St. Thomas are extremely excited about our Urban Teacher Residency (SUTR) program! This program aims to recruit, prepare, support and retain highly qualified teachers from underrepresented backgrounds who reflect our diverse student population in SPPS. SUTR provides an affordable, accelerated program to earn a Minnesota teaching license and master’s degree in 15 months from the University of St. Thomas. Please visit this link to see a short presentation: SUTR Presentation
Application to SUTR for Cohort 3 (beginning June 2018-2019) is now open and closes on February 9th, 2018. Please email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 4 simple steps to completing your application. Please email all of the following materials to email@example.com.
1. Updated resume, including preferred license area
2. All unofficial transcripts
3. Names and email addresses for two references
4. Two personal statements. You can find more information on the personal statements here.
Information sessions for Cohort 3 will be held at 360 Colborne on the following dates:
- October 10th, 2017: 4:30pm-5:30pm
- November 15th, 2017: 4:30pm-5:30pm
- December 13th, 2017: 4:30pm-5:30pm
- January 11th, 2018: 4:30pm-5:30pm
- January 30th, 2018: 4:30pm-5:30pm
Please complete this Inquiry Form if you are interested in learning more about SUTR. The SUTR team will use the information you provide in the inquiry form to update you on application information and upcoming events.
SUTR Cohort 1
If you have any questions about SUTR, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danaya Lamker Franke
Saint Paul Public Schools
Urban Teacher Residency (SUTR) Coordinator
Shelley Neilsen Gatti, PhD
University of St. Thomas
Department of Teacher Education