Maadaadizi is the Ojibwe word for "to start a journey". The SPPS Indian Education Maadaadizi School Counseling Program is a unique service that provides specialized services to American Indian students attending SPPS high schools.
This supplemental*, culturally-responsive counseling program aligns to...
…the recommended American School Counseling Association (ASCA) Domains:
- Social & Emotional Learning
- College & Career Readiness
- Academic Success
...and World's Best Workforce Goals:
- Goal Area 3: All Achievement Gaps Closed for American Indian Students
- Goal Area 4: All American Indian Students Attain Career and College Readiness
- Goal Area 5: All American indian Students Graduate from High School
*Please note that these services do not replace the traditional, school counseling services available at the SPPS high schools. Students and families are strongly encouraged to communicate with their assigned high school counselor regarding school-specific supports, including graduation requirements/credits, tutoring, interventions, and engagement.
To learn more about specific programming services, please click the "Program Overview" link on the left side of this page.