Welcome to first grade, we have so much planned for September!
- We will work on building a classroom community. We will learn about each other and develop new friendships. Students will talk about their hopes and dreams for their first grade year.
- We will learn our classroom routines. It is important your child comes to school every day to learn the routines of the classroom and school.
- Shelley Galowitz will co-teach in the classroom during Reader's Workshop.
- Please send a backpack with your child every day, it is important for them to have a place for their important papers.
- We will have caterpillars in our classroom that we will watch grow and change.
- Students are busy writing stories, learning about reading and solving math problems.
- Our iPads are coming soon. If you have not sent headphones for your student, please do so soon.
- Please, no Halloween costumes, we will not be celebrating Halloween at school.
- Conferences are coming up in November. Please look for your scheduled time in your child’s Thursday folder. We only have 20 minutes scheduled for each conference, please come with questions if you have any. I look forward to seeing you!
- During Reader’s Workshop students are busy reading independently and working on reading skills as teachers are working with small guided reading groups.
- The cold weather is here! Please have your child bring snow pants, hat, mittens, boots, and a warm jacket every day. Make sure to still send shoes to wear in school.
- Your child should have a reading folder and math folder they are bringing home daily. Please read and play a math game and sign the reading and math log. For math you may also practice math facts on the websites provided. If you choose to play a game on a website please enter that on the math log for the day. The reading and math games is your child's daily homework.