Fall 2019 Walk to School Day
Walk/Bike to School Day at 360 Colborne on Friday, October 4th
On Friday, Oct. 4th, staff working at 360 Colborne have the opportunity to participate in an organized Walk/Bike to School Day event. Chose from one of the following options and get out walking and biking with work colleagues:
- Walk 1 mile with Chief of Academics Kate Wilcox-Haris starting from Global Arts Plus upper campus at 7:40
- Walk or bike 2.5 miles from EXPO Elementary following the lead of Chief of Staff Cedrick Baker and Chief of Schools Dave Watkins
- Park and bike 2.7 miles from Central High School or Adams Spanish Immersion (1.5 miles)
- Go the distance and bike independently from Harding (5 miles), eStem (10.5 miles) or wherever home may be
- Take a group walk during the day. Here's an option that runs along the river
After arriving at 360, gather on the front lawn between 7:45-8:30 for activities, treats, and coffee. Registered participants will be entered in a drawing for prizes at 8:15 and must be present to win.
Participants may use the event as a wellness activity credit. Go to https://www.healthpartners.com/wellbeing-login/ to log in and then select "Your Choice" to self-report. For staff in need of a last-minute wellness activity, this is your event!
Register here for Staff Walk/Bike to School Day at 360
Walk/Bike to School Day for SPPS Schools
Register here for individual schools' Fall 2019 Walk/Bike to School Day
Minnesota Safe Routes to Schools has created a guide for organizing Bus-Drop-Walks. This resource contains everything from explanations on how to get started to handy checklists.