Learning Resources & Links
IXL is a comprehensive math and language arts review site with an unlimited number of practice questions in hundreds of skills—all of which are aligned to state standards. One of the best things about IXL is that your child can access it from home, so you have a chance to see your child's progress!
To get your child started on your home computer, please follow these easy steps:
1. Go to www.IXL.com/signin/lnfi
2. Enter your child's username and password and click Sign in.3. Click on Math or Language arts at the top of the page and navigate to your child's grade level.
3. Find a skill to practice by doing one of the following:
- Select a specific skill to practice from the list of skills. You can place your mouse over any skill to see a sample question and click on the link to begin.
- Go to the Awards section. Each grade level presents challenges for your child to conquer and virtual prizes to be uncovered. Place your mouse over any challenge to begin.
Fun to Type: www.funtotype.com
McKennas Mouse Pad: http://www.mckennasmousepad.com/
Growing Course: http://www.growing.course.com/
Keyboard Games: http://freetypinggame.net/play.asp
Power Typing: http://powertyping.com/
Desert Racer: http://freetypinggame.net/play14.asp
Math Millionaire: http://www.mathplayground.com/math_millionaire.html
Crazy Cone: http://www.multiplication.com/flashgames/ConeCrazy.htm
Flash Multiplication: http://www.multiplication.com/interactive_games.htm
Number Munchers: http://numbermunchers.org/
Math Games for Kids: kidnumbers.com
Sheppard's Software: www.sheppardssoftware.com
Fact Monster: http://www.factmonster.com/
Star Fall: http://www.starfall.com/
Reading between the Lions: http://pbskids.org/lions/
Study Island: http://www.studyisland.com/
Fun Brain: http://www.funbrain.com/
Color with Leo: http://colorwithleo.com/game_notlikeother.php
PBS Science: http://pbskids.org/sid/
Science Kids http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/