Nutrition Education Resources for Teachers
Lessons Specifically for Pre-Kindergarten/Elementary School Kids:
- This website contains short lessons for Pre-K students
- There's A Rainbow On My Plate is a curriculum for elementary school kids about increasing fruit and vegetable consumption
- Fruit and vegetable coloring pages for elementary school kids
- Long list of lessons for elementary school kids from John C. Stalker Institute of Nutrition
Lessons Specifically for Middle/High School Students:
- Drexel University put together great lesson plans for High School students
- This curriculum connects health, farming and sustainability - contains discussion guides that go along with a video (must be purchased) that covers a variety of topics.
- Long list of lesson for Middle school kids and for High school kids from John C. Stalker Institute of Nutrition
- USDA's Team Nutrition program has put together project-based learning activities that meet educational standards for English and health for 6th graders. Fueling My Healthy Life takes students on a deeper dive into the importance of breakfast
- The Edible Schoolyard project has examples of lessons that center around gardening!
A few more websites with resources for all ages, K-12 and adults
- The following is a really interesting curriculum for Food Day on October 24th, but the information can be used year-round!
- Lesson Plans/Activities for all ages! Also divided by education topic (social studies, english)
- Click here and then select “Curricula and Lesson Plans” or “Nutrition Education Materials” for more resources that cover a variety of nutrition topics for a variety of age groups - there’s even education material for adults!
Great resource that links to other nutrition education material and lesson plans. Some of the material is in English and some is in Spanish!