DigitalWorks Arts for All Institutes 2017
Saint Paul Public Schools and Ordway Center for the Performing Arts were proud to present the 2016-2017 DigitalWorks Arts for All Arts Institute. The Institute provide day long immersion experiences in the arts, media arts, technology, English Language Arts, math and other content area immersion experiences facilitated by teachers and teaching artists.
Attendees were Saint Paul Public School Educators, grades 3-12, with emphasis on grades 3-8, generalists and educators in all content areas. Grade PreK-2 educators are also invited.
Minneapolis Public School teachers were also inivited (clock hours, and licensure requirements of Technology and Accomodations offered (no stipend).
Saturday, May 20, 2017 Creative Arts Secondary School
SPPS participants were paid a stipend for their attendance. All participants received Clock Hours and relicensure renewal credits for Technology (V) and Accomodations & Modifications (S)
Session Information and Sample Titles:
- Learn about DigitalWorks lessons aligned with district curriculum and that are arts, English Language Arts, Math and other content areas based
- Gain more comfort using technology and arts infused lessons with your students
- Create High high quality trailers and iMovie learning products
- Learn How to Harness the Power of Story in the Classroom
- Explore how Sketchnotes allow students to capture the big ideas and details from chapter text, articles, videos, and presentations and increase their comprehension.
- Create Interactive Books With Book Creator
- Learn about Songwriting and entertainment artistry through the elements of pop performance.
- Manage a portable or permanent video production studio into your school or classroom.
- Use SPPS approved apps to tell your school’s and student’s success stories
- A Roll vs. B Roll: Editing Movies in iMovie
- Stop Motion Studio in ELA and Math
Dissemination of DigitalWorks through these professional development Institutes are made possible in part by a U.S. Department of Education Arts Education Model Development and Dissemination grant awarded to Saint Paul Public Schools.