Grant Application Process
The Como Park Booster Club accepts grant applications from student-led groups, school clubs, sports teams, and departments to assist in providing supplemental financial support for Como Park Senior High School student extracurricular or enrichment programs and opportunities. Applicants may request funds in the Fall Grant Application period to be used for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. If the Booster Club has funds available, there will be a second round of grant applications in the Spring that will include funding for Fall 2020.
Grant Application Guidelines:
The Como Park Booster Club provides supplemental funding to support for student extracurricular activities and enrichment programs for students at Como Park Senior High School. All grants from the Booster Club must be spent within 9 months of release.
The Como Park Booster Club generally does not fund the following activities or requests:
- End of Season banquets for sports teams, school clubs or small groups of students.
- Uniforms (this refers to clothing, shoes, jackets, etc. which are meant to be worn as a regular part of their participation). The Booster Club traditionally expects sports teams and clubs to cover this initial cost.
- Requests benefiting individual students. The Booster Club prefers to fund requests that impact groups of students.
- Requests for school day equipment or curriculum.
If teams or clubs wish to submit a request for any of the above purposes, they must make the case they are requesting due to specific hardship. If a request is funded for hardship, it does not indicate the Como Park Booster Club will fund this request in the future.
Grant Application Deadlines 2019-2020:
The Fall Grant Application period runs Monday, Nov. 18, 2019 - Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019.
In addition, student-led group applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the school year, with the latest request accepted April 15, 2020. Depending on the availability of funding, the Booster Club may hold a Spring 2020 Grant Application period. *3/15/2020 - Due to COVID-19 there will not be a Spring 2020 Grant Award period.
Response Timelines: Grant funding decisions will be announced by Wednesday, December 18, 2019 with funds disbursed in January 2020. Student-led group funding decisions will be announced within 30 days of the request.
Response to grant applications will be made in three ways:
- First, all applicants will receive direct communication from the Booster Club regarding their application.
- Second, all grant awards will be announced on the Como Park Booster Club website, https://www.spps.org/domain/1107.
- Third, all grant awards will be announced in the Como Park Senior High School newsletter.
Contact the Booster Club by email firstname.lastname@example.org.