Take College Courses in High School to Earn Free College Credit and Enter College at Advanced Levels

  • SPPS students

    Students (Grades 9-12) who would like to take college-level courses in their own high schools may do so through several different SPPS programs depending on the high schools they attend:

  • CTE

    Career and Technical Education (CTE)

    The Career and Technical Education program offers field-specific classes held at various SPPS high schools -- sometimes including industry certification and transferrable college credits.

  • AP

    Advanced Placement (AP)

    College-level courses taught by SPPS high school teachers. Free, transferrable college credits are possible through optional year-end AP exams.

  • Project Lead the Way

    Project Lead the Way

    Students gain exposure to varied engineering fields and earn college credit with qualifying exam scores.

  • U of M logo

    Concurrent College Enrollment

    Through partnerships with the University of Minnesota and Saint Paul College, students can take and potentially earn credit for free introductory-level college classes in high school.

  • PSEO

    Post-Secondary Enrollment Options

    Earn free college credits on a college campus while an SPPS student through the completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at participating colleges.


Early College Booklet

  • Early College Booklet