Career and Technical Education
SPPS’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) program offers additional field-specific classes held at various SPPS high schools -- sometimes including industry certification and transferrable college credits. CTE classes vary by high school and may include:
- Agriculture: Animal Science, Natural Resources, Small Engines, Home and Auto Care, Welding and Floral Design.
- Automotive: Auto Technology and Auto Maintenance and Light Repair.
- Business: Accounting, Marketing and Sales and Personal Finance.
- Communications: Computer Programming, Web Design, Video Production and Photography.
- Construction: Woodworking, Welding, Construction Methods and Trades.
- Family and Consumer Sciences: Child Development, Culinary, Housing, and Apparel Design.
- Medical Careers: Health Care Careers, Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Certified Nursing Assistant and Emergency Medical Responder.
- Engineering: Project Lead the Way courses including: Intro to Engineering, Principles of Engineering, and Civil Engineering, as well as Engineering Expedition
- Work Based Learning: Career seminar courses, internships including 3M STEP, Genesys Works and individual placements.
Translations coming soon...