Material Distribution Requests
CLOSED for SUMMER 2022
Submissions will resume Monday, September 26, 2022
SPPS has resumed in-person distribution of "approved" flyers to selected schools by appointment only. Once approved, each organization will be responsible for contacting the selected school(s) to schedule an appointment for delivery of materials. Thank you in advance for your understanding and continued support.
**Please note that email distribution of any materials to students, families or staff is NOT allowed**
Any local nonprofit agencies or organizations requesting to distribute flyers and/or other materials to Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) students and families must have prior authorization from the Office of Family Engagement & Community Partnerships (OFECP on behalf of the Superintendent of Saint Paul Public Schools).
Material Distribution Request (MDR) Process:
- Complete the Material Distribution Request (MDR) online form;
- Upload the flyer in (PDF) format;
- Each flyer MUST have the SPPS disclaimer on the front page in at least 10-point font (see below);
- "Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) is not sponsoring, endorsing, or recommending the activities/events announced in this flyer and no SPPS student will be turned away due to inability to pay (Updated 22-23)."
- Any flyers submitted without the SPPS disclaimer on the flyer/publication will automatically be denied.
- Materials with different dates, locations, and times must be submitted separately, even if from the same agency/organization;
- SPPS reserves up to 10 business days following the date of submission to review all requests;
- All requests will be submitted to the Office of Family Engagement and Community Partnerships for approval;
- Upon approval, an electronic letter of authorization will be emailed to the agency/organization contact person listed;
- In-person delivery of "approved" flyers to selected school must schedule an appointment prior to delivery of materials;
- Please note: Email distribution of any materials to students, families or staff is not allowed.
Requests submitted without the SPPS disclaimer on the flyer/publication will automatically be denied.
Guidelines for Approval
SPPS will consider approval of Material Distribution Requests based on the following criteria:
- The requesting organization must be a local non-profit agency or organization.
- The requesting organization must offer free, or affordable, activities and/or services so that students and families may not be excluded from the activity or event.
- Must clearly state program costs and indicate the availability of scholarships and/or sliding fees.
- Must contain information stating who the sponsor is and include contact information as a resource to parents.
- Must be non-partisan and secular in nature.
- Must support the district curriculum or the academic goals of SPPS.
SPPS does not distribute materials from outside entities to staff members.
SPPS will NOT approve distribution request if the material:
- Are likely to cause disruption to the school or schools.
- Interfere with the school’s or school district’s educational objectives.
- Are obscene or libelous.
- Relate to a product or service not permitted to minors by law.
- Advocate violence or other illegal activity.
- Advocate violation of district policy and/or school regulations.