2019-20 Request for Material Distribution
Online Requests for Material Distribution is now OPEN through Friday, May 15, 2020.
Agencies or organizations requesting to distribute flyers and other publications to Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) students and their families via schools must have permission for distribution from the Office of Family Engagement & Community Partnerships (on behalf of the Superintendent of Schools).
Requests must be completed for each flyer or publication, even if from the same agency/organization.
Steps to submitting a Request for Material Distribution:
- Complete the Request for Material Distribution form and submit sample of the flyer to be distributed with the SPPS disclaimer on the first page (see below).
- SPPS reserves up to 10 business days following the date of submission to review any requests.
- All requests will be submitted to the Office of Family Engagement and Community Partnerships for approval.
- Upon approval, a letter of authorization will be sent via email to the agency/organization contact person who must provide a copy to each school BEFORE distribution.
- Each agency/organization will be responsible for the printing/copying, bundling, and drop-off of the flyers/publications to schools selected. A copy of the approval letter must accompany each delivery.
Each flyer/publication must include the following disclaimer in at least 10-point font size on the first page:
"Saint Paul Public Schools is not sponsoring, endorsing, or recommending the activities announced in this flyer and no child will be turned away due to inability to pay."
Requests submitted without this disclaimer on the flyer/publication will be automatically denied.
Organizations will be notified of a decision within 10 business days of SPPS receiving the request for distribution.
Guidelines for Approval
SPPS will consider approval of distribution request based on the following criteria:
- Materials must support the district curriculum or the academic goals of SPPS.
- The requesting organization must be a non-profit organization.
- The requesting organization must offer free, or affordable, activities and/or services so that students and families may not be excluded from the activity or event.
- Materials/flyers must be non-partisan and secular in nature.
- Materials/flyers must contain information stating who the sponsor is and include contact information as a resource to parents.
- Materials/flyers must clearly state program costs and indicate the availability of scholarships and/or sliding fees.
- SPPS does not distribute materials from outside entities to staff members.
SPPS will NOT approve distribution request if the materials:
- Are likely to cause disruption to the school or schools.
- Interfere with the school’s or school district’s educational objectives.
- Are obscene or libelous.
- Relate to a product or service not permitted to minors by law.
- Advocate violence or other illegal activity.
- Advocate violation of district policy and/or school regulations.