Career and Technical Education
More than 45 CTE courses may be accepted for college credit or tuition discounts if:
- The student passes the specific high school course with a ‘B’ grade or better; and
- The student enrolls at a Minnesota college where an agreement for providing this credit has been reached and the course is required. If the course is not waived, students may receive a tuition discount for taking the course in college.
CTE classes vary by high school and may include classes in:
- Agriculture: Animal Science, Natural Resources, Small Engines, Home and Auto Care, Welding and Floral Design.
- Automotive: Auto Technology and Auto Maintenance and Light Repair.
- Business: Accounting, Marketing and Sales and Personal Finance.
- Communications: Computer Programming, Web Design, Video Production and Photography.
- Construction: Woodworking, Welding, Construction Methods and Trades.
- Family and Consumer Sciences: Child Development, Culinary, Housing, and Apparel Design.
- Medical Careers: Health Care Careers, Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Certified Nursing Assistant and Emergency Medical Responder.
- Engineering: Project Lead the Way courses including: Intro to Engineering, Principles of Engineering, and Civil Engineering, as well as Engineering Expedition
- Work Based Learning: Career seminar courses, internships including 3M STEP, Genesys Works and individual placements
Translations coming soon…