Purchase Payment Quick Guide
Direct Purchase and Pay With P-Card
- Total cost less than $3,500 for schools/$5,000 for departments
- Supplies (instructional materials and non-instructional materials)
- Food items (not catering services) – see Food Purchasing Regulations first
- Registration fees for meetings/workshops not requiring an overnight stay
- Copier and fax machine rental/lease costs
- Book orders totaling less than $1000
See the P-Card process.
Direct Purchase and Pay With a Voucher
- Fees for services that total less than $3,500 for schools/$5,000 for departments
- Contractual professional growth expenses that total less than $1,000
- ELL interpreter/translator, deaf/hearing impaired interpreter regardless of cost
- Child care services regardless of cost
- Cell phone and pager monthly service costs
- Catering services outside of Nutrition Services, that total less than $3,500 for schools/$5,000 for departments – see the Food Purchase Regulations first
See the Voucher process.
Submit Purchase Requisition for Goods or Services
- Any items ordered from companies as listed on the Requisition Guidelines
- The following items regardless of cost:
- Any items that will be connected to the district’s network system, including computers, printers, switches, routers, iPads, etc.
- Any item that is purchased using E-Rate funding
- New cell phones, fax machines and copiers
- Major appliances (need special power, venting requirements etc.)
- Book orders totaling more than $1000
- Total cost more than $3,500 for schools or $5,000 for departments
See specific linked procedures for exceptions, full details, and steps.