Welcome to Kindergarten!
Kindergarten is a very important year. Students not only learn school rules, beginning reading, writing, and math, but also how to be a successful member of a classroom community.
In Kindergarten, with support, students will...
- learn to ask and answer questions about details in fiction and non-fiction texts
- develop vocabulary
- identify characters, and relationships between characters
- actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding
- learn to select texts for personal enjoyment, interest, and academic tasks
- Recognize that a number can be used to represent how many objects are in a set or to represent the position of an object in a sequence
- Read, write, and represent whole numbers from 0 to at least 31. Representations may include numerals, pictures, real objects and picture graphs, spoken words, and manipulatives such as connecting cubes.