Who Completes This Task: Employees Who Use Their Own Vehicle for SPPS Business
The principal or budget administrator has the authority to decide whether mileage will be reimbursed. If an employee is unsure whether mileage will be reimbursed, they should check prior to traveling.
The reimbursement rate is set in accordance with the IRS mileage rate.
Mileage to/from home to a worksite qualifies for reimbursement if the employee:
- Is assigned to work outside city limits at a location other than their regular worksite
- Has to return to their worksite on a regular workday (eg: evening conference)
- Is required to work on a day that is not their regular workday (eg: a weekend)
- Has to drive between buildings during the day
Steps - Reimbursed at the Board-Approved Rate Per Mile
The reimbursement rate does not include parking, which can be reimbursed separately by submitting an Employee Monthly Expense Reimbursement.
Mileage is submitted through a PeopleSoft HR/Payroll eForm (text-based instructions are available in the mileage reimbursement links section of this page; video instructions with English audio are available below).
- Create or update your Mileage eForm profile
- Employees who have not yet used the Mileage eForm process
- Employees who have used the eForm, but have had changes their site or budget code
- Create a mileage report for the month
- Enter each leg of each trip
- Save as needed
- Calculate and submit only once all mileage for the month is entered
- Only one report may be submitted for any month
- Approved requests are viewable in PeopleSoft
- HR/Payroll side
- Mileage eForms section of the home page
- View Mileage eForm
- If a mileage report is recycled (rejected)
- Employee will receive an email with link to form
- Make necessary adjustments to entries and resubmit, or withdraw the form and create a new one
At the end of the fiscal year, the Accounts Payable department must receive the form for June mileage by July 10th so it can be processed prior to year-end closing.
Create/Update Profile Video Instructions
Report Mileage Video Instructions
Why This Is Important
- Failure to submit the report within 30 days of the end of the month will result in unreimbursed mileage.