Property Control Tags
Who Completes This Task: Clerk or Inventory Manager
Items purchased with SPPS funds that require an inventory tag (also called asset tag or property control tag) are tracked through PeopleSoft. If a tag is needed, contact the Business Office management assistant.
If an asset tag is peeling off, write the numbers on the item itself with a sharpie. It won’t be able to be scanned with a barcode scanner, but the number will be accurate.
See the Equipment and Supply Quick Guide if further clarification is needed.
Steps - Acquired Through Purchase Requisition
- Use the Purchase Requisition procedure
- Be sure to complete the “asset details” section when entering the receipt
Steps - Automated Process
- Select Items, such as computers, come with an inventory tag affixed to them
- Tags are attached by vendors prior to shipping
- Tags are recorded in PeopleSoft by asset management staff
Steps - Acquired Through P-Card
Property tag information must be recorded in PeopleSoft