This website is the official website of Saint Paul Public Schools sports and covers all of the sports teams in the Saint Paul City Conference. The Saint Paul City Conference consists of seven public high schools and 12 middle schools located in Saint Paul, Minnesota.The purpose of the SPPS athletic program is to promote lifelong personal growth and development. Student participation can encourage individual development by providing opportunities for leadership, sportsmanship, fellowship, teamwork, commitment to goal achievement, character building, communication skills, competition and school pride.
- Storied History: 102 years of hockey, 2nd oldest football conference in Minnesota (1891)
Competitive: Regional and state qualifiers, state champions, dominate in badminton
- Fantastic and committed Student athletes and their families, Athletic Directors, Coaches, Volunteers, Partners
- Facilities : Five turf fields, field houses, updated gyms at Como and Humboldt
7 High Schools with 33 sports programs and 323 teams. Middle school athletics at 12 schools with 132 teams. In 2016-2017 SPPS had 8320 student athletes participating.
Research supports the value students receive from participation in athletics.
- Increases academic achievement (GPA), attendance
- Builds student’s character
- Builds resilience, grit, self-confidence
- Provides a sense of belonging
- Instructs on how to achieve individual and team goals
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Promotes physical fitness
We appreciate your patience as we continue to build out this new site — if you have any questions or comments, contact: Laura Ranum.