** TEMPORARY CHANGES TO PUBLIC COMMENT**
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and consistent with current state and federal pandemic guidance, the Board has determined that, due to the health pandemic and emergency declaration, a meeting format allowing for open in-person attendance is not practical or prudent. Therefore, the process for Public Comment at Regular Meetings of the Board of Education will temporarily be changed, per the vote of the Board of Education at the March 19, 2020 Emergency Meeting.
In January 2021, a subcommittee approved the move to virtual, live Public Comment via Microsoft Teams or phone. The format for live virtual public comment will be similar to the Truth in Taxation Hearing format. Speakers will be provided a Microsoft Teams Link to join via their computer and/or a phone number to call to join the meeting. Public comments begin at 5:30pm.
Members of the public may register for public comment by:
- 1) Contacting the Board secretary at email@example.com or 612-434-1105
- 2) Submitting the Public Comment input form at www.spps.org/boe.
Written public comments can also be submitted by:
1) Leaving messages with the Board secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-434-1105 that will be complied and distributed to Board members; and/or
2) Sending email statements to the Board of Education email (SB.Members@spps.org) that will be compiled and distributed to Board members.
3) Submitting comments online via Public Comment input form at www.spps.org/boe.