6360 Taxi Cabs
Taxis to Transport Families to Title I Family Engagement Activities
Account/Object Code: 6360
Authorization: Annual authorization and monthly logs required
Airport Taxi is the only Title I preferred providers for Title I Schools.
Taxis are used to transport families to and from school related activities. These activities may be conferences, meetings, parent involvement events etc. The purpose of the taxi is to remove a barrier that prevents parents/guardians from full participation in the academic life of their student(s).
Taxis may be used when there is no other means of transportation available (last resort). This understanding is important because at certain times of the day or month, the number of cabs available may be limited.
Taxis cabs may not be used to transport students to and from school, to the doctor, or for any reason due to their inability to get to school during the day. Taxi cabs are to be used to facilitate the participation of parents in their children’s education.
Authorized Users: Only the principal of the building and up to two other school personnel will be given account numbers. Please protect this number as Title I or the school is responsible for every trip charged to this account number. Never give the account number to a parent or community person or another staff person other than the authorized persons provided to Title I.
Each school will be provided an identification code and that code will be given to each authorized user (the principal and two others). This code must be entered into the online Title I cab log each time an event occurs. Do not use your personal district ID number.
- For each cab order (pickup and return), complete the Online Title I Taxi Monthly Log. We are billed monthly and must match the Aiport Tazi “trip invoice” with the information from the Online Title I Monthly Logs.
- Each entry must be made at the time of request. Taxi cab reports are pulled by the Title I office on the first work day of the following month. Cab entries not documented by that date will not be paid by Title I. Those charges will be assigned to the school’s general fund.
- Only authorized persons at the school will be able to order taxi cabs and enter taxi cab events into the system.
- Title I will pull the monthly taxi cab reports on the first day of each month. Undocumented taxi cab events will be the responsibility of the school.
Procedures for Ordering A Taxi Cab (if you have funds budgeted in Title I):
The most effective way to schedule a taxi for an event is through Airport Taxi's online booking system.
- The login number is your school's 3-digit site code, not the SPPS account code.
- The password should be known by your building principal/lead clerk.
- Contact Caitlin Payton if you don't have this information (651-632-3783)
Tips for online ordering:
- Use Places and Favorites as often as Possible. Places have an address attached to them and a GPS “pick-point” within our the system that directs the driver to a specific spot. There are over 13,000 places in their street database including every school.
- Favorites allow you to save the parts of an order that you enter repeatedly (like a pickup address or possibly a client you often transport), so you don’t have to enter the same information over and over again. You can have an unlimited number of favorites.
Alternatively, cabs may be ordered over the phone at 612-888-8889. If ordering over the phone please have the following prepared:
- SPPS Title I Account Code
- User Code
- Contact Caitlin Payton if you don't have these codes (651-632-3783)
- Contact name of the person being picked up
- Number of riders
- Pick-up and Drop-off Address
- Pick-up Time
- Return Time
- Any special instructions
- Your name, and school/direct phone number
If a taxi is called for a family and they no longer need the cab, it is the school’s responsibility to notify the cab company. There is a charge to the schools for an unused taxi. When there’s a “No Load”, the charge is $10 to be paid by the school.
Be sure to provide families with contact information should any problems be encountered.