SPPS District Family Engagement Plan
There is no program and no policy that can substitute for a parent who is involved in their child’s education from day one. — President Barack Obama
ESEA reauthorization provides the opportunity to promote the importance of strengthening and supporting family and community engagement by:
- Supporting comprehensive district and school approaches to family engagement.
- Enhancing district and school capacity around family engagement.
- Identifying and supporting best practices.
PARENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT means the systemic inclusion of parents and families as partners with district and school staff in their child's education in a manner that
- promotes shared responsibility for student learning;
- is responsive to student, parent, and family needs; and
- reinforces that learning begins at birth and takes place in the home, school, and community.
Each District and School Receiving Title I Funds develops a family engagement plan with participation of parents, school leaders, teachers, and other stakeholders.
SPPS DISTRICT FAMILY ENGAGEMENT PLAN