There are a lot of exciting things happening in the Crossroads Library. Here are some of our recent programs and projects.
I Read! I Vote!
Crossroads partners with the Saint Paul Public Library on the "I Read! I Vote!" program. In the fall a librarian from the Rice Street Library comes and introduces the books nominated for the Star of the North award. They provide copies of all the books to add to the library collection. Students in grades 1-3 read the nominated books and vote for their favorite title in April. Crossroads started this program in 2015.
Crossroads has 2 Scholastic Bookfairs every year during conferences in November and May. Every purchase from these book fairs benefits our library.
We received grants in 2018 and 2019 for author visits from the Lillian Wright and & C. Emil Berglund Foundation
- 2019, author/illustrator Mike Wohnoutka visited Crossroads.
- In 2018, author/illustrator David LaRochelle gave a presentation to students.
In 2017, author Michael Hall came to speak about his new book Wonderfall.
Grants & Donations
In 2017-2018 we received funding for 2 Donors Choose projects.
- Project 1 provided a rolling book cart for every classroom to return books safely and easily to the library.
- Project 2 gave us a beautiful rainbow rug for our reading area. It really brightens up the whole space.
- Project 3 added some new comics and graphic novels to our collection.
Click below to support our current project.
In 2017 the library received a $10,000 donation from the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund to purchase new books!