2018-19 Special Education Family Events
Special Education Parent Academy
Tuesdays, March 5-26 and April 9th 5:30-8:00 pm
Location: Focus Beyond, 340 Colborne St, St. Paul, MN 55102
This class is most valuable for families that have elementary aged students and are newer to special education and the IEP process.
Families will have a better understanding of the system, how to effectively communicate with school staff and how to support their student for success.
What classes cover:
- Home, School & Community Connection
- Special Education Process, Evaluations and I.E.P. basics
- Relating self-esteem and positive discipline to academic achievement
- Academic standards, goals and progress reporting
- Accommodations and modifications
- Assistive Technology
- The road to post-secondary success
- Transition services
- Community resources
What families have said:
"I feel much more confident using the IEP progress reports to determine my child's strengths, weaknesses and needs."
"I learned about the IEP and assistive technology" "How to communicate and collaborate with the school team to help my child."
What is offered:
- Certificate and Graduation ceremony on April 16th.
- Materials for each session.
- Light meal
How to register:
Online: online registration Call: 651-767-3437 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org