Application for Educational Benefits
Students will receive one free breakfast and one free lunch each school day under Minnesota's Free School Meals program. However, it is critical that all families complete an Application for Educational Benefits each school year.
Application for Educational Benefits determine how much funding your child's school receive for educational programs, supports and technology. Additionally, eligible families and students can qualify for these benefits.
Education Benefits Discounts for Families
- Amazon - 50% off Amazon Prime Membership
- Minnesota Children’s Museum - Discounted tickets and membership
- Science Museum of Minnesota - $15/yr membership for two adults and all dependents under 21. Includes free admission, Omnitheather movies, and parking. Discounts on summer camps and the Explore Store gift shop.
- Metro Transit’s Transit Assistance Program (TAP) - $1 rides for all household members
- Xfinity Internet Essentials - $10/mo high speed internet
- Affordable Connectivity Program - Up to $30/month towards broadband service and a one time reimbursement of up to $100 for a device (i.e tablet, laptop). Through approved providers only.
- The Minnesota Telephone Assistance Plan (TAP) - TAP is a bill credit of $10 monthly for landline service and LL is a bill credit of up to $9.25 monthly on either landlines, cell phones or broadband internet service.
- The Works Museum - Discounted admission, memberships and camp scholarships.
- Guthrie Theater Gateway Program - Up to four tickets per production for $5 each
- Bell Museum Curiosity Membership - $15/yr membership for two adults and all dependents under 21 within one household. Unlimited free gallery admission, $2 planetarium tickets, early access to summer camp programs, and pre-qualification to apply for camp scholarship lottery.
- Many summer camps and programs, child care providers and athletic programs offer scholarships or discounts to families who qualify for free or reduced eligibility.
Benefits for Students
- ACT and SAT testing fee waivers
- Athletic fee discounts
- Scholarship opportunities
Here are some free and reduced meal application frequently asked questions.