Library Media Services
- provide instruction to classes on the research process and the critical analysis of information in all formats
- assist individuals, small groups and whole classes in locating resources that support learning and independent reading
- collaborate with teachers to assess student learning on media literacy standards and library research skills
- offer assistance with technology and digital resources to students and teachers to foster engaging learning experiences.
Library Assistants (EAs and TAs):
- monitor the circulation of library resources
- offer storytime to students in cooperation with a licensed teacher
- monitor and assist individual and small groups of students visiting the library to access its resources
- promote literacy through displays and reading suggestions.
Librarians use circulation data, usage statistics and anecdotal feedback from teachers and students to improve library services for students and staff.
- Access reliable resources through the SPPS Virtual Library: spps.org/virtuallibrary
- Connect with the Saint Paul Public Library: http://librarygo.org
- Use SPPS Library Services subscriptions to support learning:
- View library media standards http://mnitem.org/Standards
- View the SPPS Research Process