COBRA Coverage Overview
COBRA continuation coverage provides employees in certain circumstances (like resignation, reduction in work hours, layoff*, etc.) the ability to continue the health and/or dental coverage after they would normally no longer be eligible.
Minnesota state law allows continuation of life insurance for up to 18 months following loss of coverage.
If you have other questions regarding COBRA continuation coverage, please contact ThrivePass at 1-866-855-2844 or email@example.com
Effective September 1, 2022, St. Paul Public Schools has transitioned COBRA benefits administration to ThrivePass.
This includes technology and service solutions for:
- Retiree health benefit enrollment, changes, and premium billing.
- Call center services for questions on enrollment and support.
There are no benefit changes* due to this transition. You will continue to have access to the same benefits in which you are currently enrolled.
How to pay for your COBRA benefits:
For individuals who continue their District benefits after retirement, can pay your insurance premiums one of the following ways:
- Register through the online portal: https://cobrapoint.benaissance.com using the registration code in your welcome letter.
- ThrivePass can automatically deduct the monthly premium using an Direct Debit (ACH) transfer from your bank account. The money to pay for your insurance premiums would be deducted the 1st of each month. Use the form below and return it to ThrivePass.
- Retirees can also pay by check, money order, or credit card payment. Checks need to be received by the 10th of each month to ensure non cancellation. Make Checks payable to ISD 625 Benefits and mail it to ThrivePass at PO Box 24770, Seattle, WA 98124-0770.
Please be aware it is the responsibility of the retiree to update credit/debit cards with expiration dates or ACH information in the event of account changes.
Questions? Please contact ThrivePass:
- By Phone: 866-855-2844
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail (General Correspondence, not payment remittance): ThrivePass, PO Box 220, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0220