Teacher Lane Changes
Please read the Lane Change Instruction document below before calling HR and before submitting a lane change request.IMPORTANT:
- You must get PRE-APPROVAL for external classes in order for them to qualify for a lane change.
- In-service workshops must be taken UNPAID in order to qualify for a lane change. Make sure your time is reported as UNPAID. (If your building clerk submits your time for you, make sure you tell them to indicate UNPAID, not "personal" time.) If this is not done and payroll pays you for your time at a workshop/class taken during the normal work day, that pay cannot be reversed, and your time at that workshop will not be counted towards a lane change.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to submit in-service/workshop certificates with the appropriate pre-approvals to Human Resources for lane change.
- PDExpress does not report any information to Human Resources.
- Official transcripts, original grade reports, electronic copies of transcripts, or grade reports from the college with a letter grade of A,B,C, pass, or Satisfactory and PDExpress transcripts that indicate inservice credit requested are acceptable forms of verification.
- Semester credits are weighted by 1.5 to determine the quarter credit equivalent (e.g. 3 semester credits X 1.5 = 4.5 quarter credits).
- Lane change documents can be sent to the Human Resource Department located on the 3rd floor of the District Administration Building, 360 Colborne Street, St Paul, MN 55102.
If you have any questions about the lane change process for Teachers, please contact Andres Rodriguez at (651) 767-8274 or e-mail payroll at firstname.lastname@example.org
The lanes on the teacher salary schedule are as follows: