Educational Assistant Lane Changes
Please read the EA Lane Change Instruction document below before calling HR and before submitting a lane change request.IMPORTANT:
- You must get PRE-APPROVAL for external classes in order for them to qualify for a lane change.
- In-service workshops must be taken UNPAID in order to qualify for a lane change. Make sure you indicate on your time sheet that the hours are to be UNPAID. If this is not done and payroll pays you for your time at a workshop/class taken during the normal work day, that pay cannot be reversed, and your time at that workshop will not be counted towards a lane change.
It is the responsibility of each employee to submit in-service/workshop certificates with the appropriate pre-approvals to Human Resources for lane change.
- PDExpress does not report any information to Human Resources.
- Official transcripts, original grade reports, electronic copies of transcripts, or grade reports from the college with a letter grade of A,B,C, pass, or Satisfactory and PDExpress transcripts that indicate inservice credit requested are acceptable forms of verification.
- Lane change documents can be sent to the Human Resource Department located on the 3rd floor of the District Administration Building, 360 Colborne Street, St Paul, MN 55102.
If you have any questions about the lane change process for Educational Assistants, please contact Andres Rodriguez at (651) 767-8274 or e-mail payroll at firstname.lastname@example.org
The lanes on the Educational Assistant salary schedule are as follows: