Special Education Family Workshops presented by PACER Center
ABCs of the IEP for Transition Age Students
Thursday, January 17, 2019 | 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
At Farnsworth Aerospace Upper Campus - 1000 Walsh St. | Saint Paul, MN 55106
These workshops help families and students in 7th grade and above understand how to use the Individualized Education Program (IEP) to support the transition to adulthood and life after high school. A workshop for families and a workshop for students will be offered.
The workshop for families will cover:
- Using your student's strengths, interests and challenges in the IEP
- How the IEP helps students plan where they will live, learn and work after high school
- Understanding the different pathways to a diploma
- Understanding how credits accumulate for graduation
*Families are encouraged to bring a copy of their student's IEP.
The workshop for students will:
- Talk about what transition means
- Talk about the laws that support transition
- Help students get to know their IEP more closely
- Help students create a self-advocacy tool
*Students are encouraged to bring a copy of their IEP.
6:00 - 6:30 p.m. Pizza and childcare sign in
6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Workshops
Please register by January 14th in one of the following ways: