Enrichment in Core Academic Subjects
To provide challenge in core academic subjects, Horace Mann teachers use:
- Pre-assessment and interest inventories to create flexible groups.
- Small groups with focused instruction, activities and assignments to reach different levels of need (special emphasis on use of higher order thinking skills).
- Math menus, challenge packets, learning centers and independent projects (including use of technology) to challenge advanced, motivated learners
- Differentiated homework
- One-to-one use of iPads for personalized learning
- Brightlink systems in all classrooms for enhanced learning experiences
- Starting in 3rd grade, we can skip students into 4th grade for Math when needed.