In order to provide consistent communication to students and families, Kerrie employs the following strategies:
- Weekly Maadaadizi e-newsletters sent every Friday through school-issued Gmail. The e-newsletter contains information on cultural events, activities, and opportunities. Scholarship information, job postings, summer opportunities, tutoring, and more are also included. Students are automatically signed up to receive the e-newsletter. Parents/families can sign up to receive the e-newsletter here.
- Schoology- Central, Como Park, Harding, Highland, Humboldt, Johnson, and Washington Tech High School students have access to an Indian Education Schoology Group within the student's Schoology account. Information, events, opportunities, and Indian Education visits are shared on Schoology for student review. Parents/guardians can view this information through their Schoology access.
- Remind- mobile messaging platform that enables Kerrie to remind students of upcoming group meetings (paper passes have been phased out). To sign up to receive text messages for upcoming groups, students please sign up here.
- Google Calendar - school issued Gmail Calendars are used by Kerrie to schedule school counseling groups and field trips. Students can review information and either "accept" the invitation or "decline" the invitation. Notifications are sent to students through their iPads, as long as the students are signed into their iPads with their school issued gmail account.
- Gmail - Kerrie will send students information periodically through their school issued Gmail acocunts. Surveys, permission slips, and important information is usually shared through the gmail. Students are encouraged to check their school issued Gmail account for new emails.
- Robo Calls - Kerrie will use the District Robo call (also Robo text and email) periodically to disseminate information, ususally for field trips and obtaining permission slips.
- Mail - Occasionally, Kerrie will mail information to the address listed with the schools. Permission notification to participate in Indian Education School Counseling activities are mailed every Aug/Sept for the new school year. Postcards are sent for upcoming college visits & field trips, special guests/speakers, and special events.