Ecolab Teacher Grant Programs
About the Ecolab Teacher Grants Program
The Ecolab Teacher Grants Program was created by the district in 2018 to fund projects and activities that inspire and engage students. Designed with teachers in mind, the program offers a convenient and efficient way for teachers to write applications for funds that support classroom learning. Last year, over half the applications were awarded.
The Ecolab Foundation provides approximately $250,000 every year to support the Program. Last year, there were 113 applications and 60 awards.
“Teachers have an important job to do, and we are proud to support their work and the school district through this program. Funds provided through the Ecolab Teacher Grants Program will assist educators in their efforts to enrich the learning experience for their students.”
~ Kris Taylor, vice president, Ecolab Community Relations.
How It Works
Each program cycle begins in the spring and awards approximately $250,000 in funds. There are two application types; individual applications are awarded for up to $2,500 and team applications by two or more educators are awarded for up to $7,500.
Each application consists of a short narrative form asking for specifics on your project plans and hopeful outcomes, a detailed budget in how you will use the funds if awarded, and a completed Google Form survey that provides details on applicants, school demographics, and project focus areas. Sample applications are available.
The process is competitive, so teachers are encouraged to fill out the Ecolab Grant Interest Form to receive regular updates on deadlines and tips for completing their application.
The program encourages teachers of color, new educators, and those new to the grants process to apply. Projects must align with strategic focus areas and student outcomes from the SPPS Achieves Strategic Plan.
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in driving business performance while protecting people and vital resources. With annual sales of $15 billion and 50,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. Visit the Ecolab website for more news and information.
Youth and education is one of the Ecolab Foundation’s major initiatives, focusing on supporting organizations and programs that help youth excel in school, engage in communities and develop leadership and life skills. Ecolab also funds program grants to many nonprofit partners in the Twin Cities and other geographic focus areas who address education in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), college and career readiness, and early childhood programming. Visit Ecolab's Community Involvement page for more information on Ecolab's involvement in community development, arts and culture, and the environment and conservation.
“We are grateful to the Ecolab Foundation for its ongoing support for our students and the adults who educate them.”
~ Dr. Joe Gothard, superintendent, SPPS.
Downloadable version also available.
ETGP - 2020 Timeline
- Revise guidelines, application, and website for launch
- Prepare announcements and planning materials for applicants
- Schedule on-site workshops for Q & A and support of developing ideas
- Post tips and tools to help develop ideas and application content
- 1st - Application questions posted
- 17th - Application window opens
- 17th - Recruit review committee members (parents, teachers, students, community partners, Ecolab, BOE members, EAs/TAs, SPFT)
- 1st - Application window closes at 11:59 PM
- 1st-12th - Application Process Evaluation
- Compile applications; discard ineligible applications
- Confirm review committees and compile review packets
- 15th - Distribute packets to reviewers for reading and scoring
- Compile 2019-20 project year-end slides into a presentation for Ecolab
- Distribute applications and packets to pinch-hitter review team as needed
- 10th - all review scores due
- 10th-24 - Review Process Evaluation
- 13th-17th - Rank and determine awards
- 20th - Prepare reports and statistics
- 17th-31st - Budget code requests submitted to accounting
Please note, due to extensions related to COVID-19 we are currently not on schedule, and awardees will be notified in two phases.
- 3rd - Notify Awardees
- 18th - Acknowledge Ecolab and Reviewers at BOE Meeting, present stats
- Notify Awardees with budget code
- Publish 2020 award profile packet and distribute to reviewers, SPPS and Ecolab
- Monitor spending (through May 2021)
- Check in with Ecolab regarding 2021 funding (approved at at their January board meeting)
- Year-End Celebration with recipients and stakeholders