Certification Pay for Teachers

  • NEW! Submitting your certification for pay is now done electronically! 

    You can submit your form, and upload any documents through Employee Self Service.  From the main menu in Self Service, go to "Employee Action Forms and select the form from the menu.   For step by step instructions  click on the "Employee Help Sheets" link from the left menu.

    Per the teacher union contract, certain types of certifications entitle the SPFE member for additional pay in the form of a stipend.   The request for this certification pay is submitted via an electronic form, available through Employee Self Service.  Along with the electronic form, a copy of the appropriate certification document is required, and must be attached to the electronic form when it is submitted.    Without the correct documentation, your certification pay will be delayed or rejected.

    It is the employee's responsibility to submit the certification pay form and documentation timely.  Your certification pay will typically be processed within one pay period of receipt of the electronic form and corresponding documentation, and continue while the certification is valid.  When renewing your certification, be sure to submit your new documentation prior to the expiration date to avoid any disruption in your certification pay.    HR/Payroll does not send reminders when certification expires and new documentation is needed.


    Below are examples of acceptable documenation.  Documentation should be uploaded within the electronic form, and not sent separately to HR to avoid delays.


    School Nurse National Board Certifications

    Teacher National Board Certifications

    Psychologist National Board Certifications

    Licensed Social Worker Certifications

    Speech Clinician CCC Certifications

    Nurse Practioner Certifications


    Instructions for how to submit an e-form are listed on the "Employee Help Sheets" page.