Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  • Why did Student Accounting touch my enrollment?

    Our staff update enrollments to reflect state required reporting such as changes to residency, Special Education, and Project Reach.  We make adjustments to enrollments to ensure we maximize funding and to meet state statutes while reflecting enrollment and attendance accurately.


    Where can I get my state ID from school?

    The student State ID (SSID) number is a highly guarded secret. This is because the State of Minnesota owns these IDs, not the district.  These numbers follow students through their entire school career, therefore it’s important these numbers are guarded. Each District Assessment Coordinator or School Assessment Coordinator has access to see/use the correct SSID numbers for testing purposes.  The main clerk in each building has access to run a list of SSIDs when appropriate. Please contact a member of the assessment team at the department of Research Evaluation and Assessment.


    We moved out of Saint Paul city boundaries but we want to continue enrollment in SPPS. What’s next?

    Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) should fill out an- OE Form and return the form through one of these methods:

    • Email to:
    • US Mail to  Saint Paul Public Schools, 360 Colborne Street - Finance 2nd Floor, Saint Paul, MN 55102 
    • Fax to  651-293-5174
    • Return to your child’s current SPPS school
    • Returned to The Student Placement Center at 2102 University Avenue West, Saint Paul, MN 55114
Last Modified on July 20, 2022