Visitors are welcome at Frost Lake Elementary School. For the safety of our students, all visitors – including parents, guardians, and volunteers – must sign in at the office and pick up a Visotr’s badge.
iUpdate Forms and Campus
It is important to fill out the emergency forms each year. It is your responsibility to call or send a note to school immediately if your phone numbers or address changes. In case of emergencies, the school uses the Emergency information on the forms and campus to contact families. If we are not able to reach an emergency contact, we are required to call the police for assistance.
Additionally, only persons listed in Campus will be able to access your student’s information or student. Only person listed in Campus will be allowed to pick up students with a valid ID.
Saint Paul Public School District will announce school closings due to severe weather on major television and radio stations. The district will also communicate with families by call, text and email. School Closing information can also be found at www.spps.org/weather.
Students have individual and class photos taken in the fall and in the spring. Those photos are available for purchase. Information regarding photos will be sent home during fall and spring. Only those students purchasing photos in the spring will have their photo taken. Payment for pictures can be made online, by check or exact cash.
- Please check your students’ backpack and homework folder or planner daily for homework, announcements of upcoming events and important papers.
- Look for our orange Home-School Communication folder.
- The Frost Lake website, frost.spps.org gives important information about the school.
- The Saint Paul Public School District website, spps.org is another great source of information.
- Students are permitted to use the telephone during school hours for emergencies only.
- Students are not allowed to use their cell phones to communicate during school hours.
Students are expected to dress appropriately for school. A student may be required to change any item of clothing that is distracting to the student or those around him/her as determined by school staff. This includes clothing with inappropriate pictures or language (including alcohol or tobacco labels, references to drugs or sex.)
- Birthday Treats - All student birthdays are acknowledged and celebrated in the classroom. It is not necessary to bring or send birthday treats with your student. However, if you wish to, please work closely with the classroom teacher to determine what would be appropriate for a treat. We have increasing numbers of students with food allergies and if a treat is sent that includes an ingredient a student is allergic to, the treats will not be distributed.
- Halloween - We do not celebrate Halloween at Frost Lake. Please do not send your student in a costume or with candy on the date of Halloween or the days following Halloween. Any candy students bring will be confiscated.
- Valentines Day - Classrooms will celebrate Valentine’s Day in a way specific to that classroom. Treats/candy will not be exchanged.
Changes in Dismissal Routines
It is important for students to have a consistent dismissal routine each day. Parents must designate their student as a walker, parent pickup or a busser. Any changes to a students’ dismissal routine for the day must be requested by calling the office by 2:00pm to ensure that the information reaches the student in a timely manner.