Frost Lake has a full-time nurse on staff.
Medication Administered at School
All students needing to take medication during the school day must:
- Provide a signed consent from (available in the nurse’s office) authorizing the school to administer medication.
- Provide medication and current medication order from a physician to the school.
- Provide a physician’s order at the time there is any change in the medication, dosage or frequency.
Students are not allowed to self-carry any medication of any kind at any time. Please note that cough drops are considered a medication.
Illness: When to keep your child at home
- Student is running a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Student must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Student has been vomiting or has diarrhea. Student must be vomit or diarrhea free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Student beginning an antibiotic must remain home for a full 24 hours before they are considered non-contagious.
- Please notify the school if your student has been diagnosed by a physician with a communicable disease (such as strep throat or influenza), so classmates’ families can be informed.
If a student needs to go home during the school day due to illness or injury, parents need to be reached. It is critical that we have current and correct information in our student information system. In the case of an extreme emergency, an ambulance will be called first and families second.