Phone: 651-744-6000 (office) 651-419-1626 (google voice/text)


Degrees and Certifications:

Master of Social Work Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker

Ms. Lora

Lora Horan-Kimsal, MSW, LICSW

I am one of the social workers with the Highland Park Senior Special Education Department. I am also the advisor for Highland's Knit & Crochet Club. I earned my Bachelor of Arts degree in teaching from the University of Wyoming and my Master of Social Work degree from St. Kate's. My professional interests include special education, neurodiversity, mental health, trauma-informed care, and the use of therapeutic art, yoga, and mindfulness in the school setting.

I enjoy seeing live music, reading, traveling, knitting, and most of all, enjoy spending time with family and friends.


If you or your child is having a mental health crisis, one option is to call the Ramsey County Crisis Response.  

1) Ramsey County Crisis Response Children’s line: 651-266-7878 

2) Ramsey County Crisis Response Adult line: 651-266-7900 

If someone is experiencing a mental health emergency, please call 911 or go to your local emergency department. 

Ramsey County Sexual Violence Services (SOS)

MN Crisis Text Line-Text HOME to 741 741

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

Day One/Domestic Violence Hotline 866-223-1111  This statewide 24/7 line helps access DV shelters or services in your area.

Emergency Healthcare Assistance - 651-266-4444 

Ramsey County Emergency Financial Assistance Hotline- 651-266-4884