Mrs. Sandy’s Science Corner
Welcome to Science in Room 1103!
My name is Mrs. Alicia Sandy and I am the part-time science specialist for grades 1-5 this year. I started last Spring and am eager to have a full year here at Cherokee! I come to you from the Roseville School District. I have three children of my own and love to camp, bike, read and be outdoors.
What will be happening this month?
- Community building
- Safety and Procedures
- Hopes and dreams for science and engineering
- Getting students excited about science with hands-on experiences!
Ask your student what he/she did in science today -- we are all about curiosity, experience and new learning.
Here are a few great websites to check out if your child has a passion for science:
- Top geography resource site provides global exploration opportunities
- Compelling science videos have high-quality classroom applications
- Creative music video-inspired STEAM design challenges.
Come and visit us! You are most welcome to visit the classroom anytime. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to come in!