One of the most effective ways to address bullying is through prevention. Staff create safe and supportive environments with relationship building as the foundation and through establishing shared classroom and school-wide expectations. These environments help students better understand the importance of building and maintaining positive relationships, which is critical to creating emotional and physical safety for students, staff, and families.
Learn How to Identify Bullying
Resources for Staff can be found in the Opening Week Bullying Prevention Course.
Resources for Parents/Families:
- 10 Steps to Stop and Prevent Bullying from NEA
- 60 Second answers to questions related to bullying from PACER
- Parent Resources from PACER
- Committee for Children: Resources for Educators and Families
- Prevention Ideas from stopbullying.gov