AIMS Grading Policy
Overarching Goal: To implement a school-wide grading system that is consistent and accessible to students, staff and families in order to accurately assess, calculate and display student learning.
Assessment/Summative: 40% of the final grade
- Assignments under this section include common unit assessments such as projects, tests, presentations and any other summative work.
Daily Work/Formative: 60% of the final grade
- Assignments under this section include common formative assessments (exit tickets, learner response answers, quizzes, etc.) class work and homework.
- Missing formative work can be turned in for credit up to a week after the end of the unit with a 10% points deduction.
- Missing summative assessments must be completed by the end of the quarter.
- Reassessment is allowed for any student who needs to retake an assessment within a quarter.
- Reassessment may be performed within the content class or Foundations class, scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Teachers will have grading completed and entered into Schoology within two weeks of the assignment due date.
N 59 and below