Become a Mentor
Research has shown that the support of a caring adult in the life of a student positively impacts their success. MEP relies on the support of volunteers in order to provide effective programming.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Pairs of mentors work with a group of 10-15 students.
- Mentors lead discussions and activities centered on college and career readiness.
- Mentors are encouraged to bring their personal and professional experiences and strengths to the group.
- 1 hour per month, October - May.
- When possible, mentors will stay with the same group of students for three years.
- A school counselor will support the mentor at each session.
- Mentor training is provided, along with suggested topics and activities.
To become a mentor or to find out more, contact Katie Gardner, 651-603-4941, email@example.com.