Senior Requirements for Yearbook Portraits & other items
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students for the SENIORS Class of 2021.
The Harding High School Yearbook students and staff have started planning for the 2021 Yearbook. We would like to take this opportunity to communicate the process for submitting, some important dates and information.
Senior Portrait Requirements for 2020-2021 Yearbook:
Do to Harding being in Distance Learning until further notice Lifetouch photos (school pictures) have been postponed until Harding returns to a hybrid or face to face instruction. This also means NO student ID's can be made either as student id's are made from the school picture taken. ALL students will have to submit their own photo meeting the requirements below to be in the yearbook this year. Find a friend or family member you trust to take that awesome photo of you to submit to the yearbook
- We strongly recommend you do NOT wait until November to take your senior pictures
You should share the following information with whom ever takes your photo:
- Yearbook will only accept Portrait style shots only (google senior portraits for examples if needed)
- No landscape style images accepted
- Images Minimum 2.5 horizontally X 3.5 Vertically
- Image resolution: 300 dpi
- JPEG file ONLY (NO PNG, HECI, or Tiff's)
- Portraits need to be chest up
- No full body portraits excepted
- The Senior is the ONLY one in the image
- Seniors face must be a full-face shot (no side or partial profile)
- Haji's are allowed and acceptable
- No hats or headbands of any kind
- No sun glasses
- No props
- No hands near the face
- No snapchat filters or other filters added to the image
- No selfies
- No friends, children, significate other in the photo
- No candid pictures or pictures taken in the Harding school hallways
- Pictures taken off cell phones are NOT usually high enough resolution and WILL be returned and will NOT meet the requirement list above
Senior Portraits, BABY Pictures, Quotes, Future Goal, & Important Adult Due: November 28th 2020 MIDNIGHT NO EXCEPTIONS!! Because of limited space in the yearbook things too long can be omitted, shortened to fit please keep them brief
- Future Goal: What’s next for you after high school? What do you want for your future life?
- Baby Pictures:
- (1) One image: Between Birth to age 5 (If older please see yearbook staff for approval)
- Please photograph or scan image and then email image to yearbook staff.
- Important Adult: (Max 4)
- Please list name(s) of person(s) (No explanation needed)
- Quotes: (TBD if these will be allowed in the 2020-2021 yearbook)
- Anything that is not commonly understandable (including abbreviations, creative spelling or acronyms). Anything that is a hidden reference.
- Specific references to other people.
- References to illegal substances/activities.
- Anything school - inappropriate or not in compliance with student rules.
- NO shout - outs to or about other students or teachers. This rule is in place because of the potential of a quote offending the person it references. We do not have the time to check and keep records of who does/does not approve of being mentioned in another student’s quote.
- Quotes must be spell - checked and accurate to the attributed source.
- Space is limited to 100 letters, numbers, spaces (Yes, spaces between words count and need to be included) and punctuation – including the name of the person quoted. Quotes that don’t fit the spaces will not be printed.
- No profanities, obscenities, slang, inappropriate or offensive language.
- No references to profane, obscene, inappropriate or offensive mediums.
- No derogatory comments.
- No hashtags, snapchat, Instagram or any other social medial references
- Quotes should be in Standard English. Any quotes not in Standard English are subject to the same editing and censor process.
- Be creative and create something original and fun, positive and respectful! Since the yearbook reflects our community, senior quotes MUST be school and community appropriate according to Harding Senior High and Saint Paul Public Schools policies
- The HHS Yearbook reserves the right to edit, censor or omit quotes without notice. If you aren’t sure whether or not your quote will pass this review or if you have a question, contact us before the due date.
- Seniors are given ONE opportunity to submit an acceptable quote! NO SECOND CHANCES! NO REVISIONS!
Senior Portraits, Baby Pictures, Quotes, Future Goal, & Important Adult Due: November 28th 2020 MIDNIGHT! NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Failure to submit your Senior Portrait, baby picture, senior quotes, future goal, and important adult will NOT be accepted after NOVEMBER 28th at midnight, will result in rejection of any information, late photos and no photo in the yearbook.
The yearbook staff will NOT accept late submissions. No Exceptions please make sure to plan ahead.
MUST email photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include FIRST and LAST NAME of student and CIF.
Yearbook staff reserve the right to edit, omit or ask for a different submission to anything submitted, IF time allows and/or does not meet any of the above requirements. No Additional Time Extensions will be given. Suggested submitting your items earlier to guarantee approval and save on last minute rejection of image or information.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns
Thank You So Much,
Call, Text or Leave a message for me @ 612-405-2226