SPPS School Counselors are:
- Educators who stand in the gap for students and families
- Authentically committed to urban education
- Leaders in their buildings, district, state, and nation
- Change agents
- Anti-racist activists and warriors for equity
- Collaborators and supporters - both professionally and personally
- Driven by data, research, and promising practices
- Creators of ASCA-aligned comprehensive school counseling programs
SPPS Counselors benefit from:
- A district that values school counseling
- A culture of rock star counselors that support one another to be their best
- A comprehensive ASCA K-12 counseling system
- A consistent core counseling curriculum districtwide
- A minimum of 3.5 hours per month of targeted counselor professional development
- Specific support from a lead counselor at each level
- Award winning colleagues
- Celebrating one another and having fun
How to Apply
If this sounds like the school counseling work you want to do:
- How to apply for a counseling position:
- Counselors interview for a pool. Those selected for the pool may be routed to building administrators for an additional interview.
- Prospective employees may apply for the pool beginning in early 2021.
- To apply:
- Go to Careers / Search Jobs and Apply
- Click "prospective employees"
- Type "counselor" in the keywords, then changed "posted" to "Last Year." Then click "search."
- Click "Next" until you get to the "created" date of 01/08/2021, and you'll see "School Counselor Pool 2021-2022". Click that link to review the job description; click "Apply Now" to apply.
- How to apply for a counseling internship:
- Visit our internship information section: https://www.spps.org/Page/5360